Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Candy Apple Red Hair Color

I didn't know koolaid could make this color.


What a beautiful candy apple red color! It looks exactly this vibrant in real life too. It looks like something you'd get from Manic Panic. This was a surprise. I was actually trying to make bright pink hair dye. I'll tell you how I did this.

I used the dip dye method. As you can see, there is an obvious line. It's not really a gradual color change. You can make the color change more gradual if you kind of move your head up and down from time to time while dip dying.

I combined Pink Lemonade koolaid and Black Cherry koolaid. I used one packet of each. I was trying to make a bright pink and I ended up with a vampire red. I'm not upset though. It turned out really nice and it even looks professional. I can't imagine that koolaid gave me such a great color. I have no idea how mixing Pink Lemonade and Black Cherry made this color.

Here is what black cherry looks like by itself:



So as you can see, there is a huge difference and I have no idea how this vampire red color came about, but I'm not going to complain. It was a nice surprise. Just goes to show you, you never know what you're going to get when you experiment with koolaid in your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment