Sunday, October 28, 2012

How To Dye Your Hair Orange For Halloween

Dying your hair orange is pretty easy. I just did it and now I'll show you how to do it too. Here is what my hair looked like before:


I got my hair trimmed. Thanks for noticing. Okay so you'll need to use orange koolaid for this. Don't worry, I recently found out that koolaid comes out of hair very easily contrary to popular belief. You should have no problem getting this dye out of your hair if you follow my instructions for that. You can find out the best way to get koolaid out of hair by clicking here. If you're really worried, just do a strand test and make sure it will come out first before doing all of your hair.

Now, you'll need at least one packet of orange koolaid. If you have thick hair, you may need two. I dip dyed my hair because it's the quickest way to dye it with koolaid. You may prefer to use conditioner and let it sit overnight. Here I'll explain how to dip dye it though.

You can do this two ways. You can either use one cup and put all of your hair to one side and dip it or you can use two cups and divide your hair in half and dip it. I chose the second option. So fill your cup with warm water and empty the koolaid packet into the water. Dip the tips of your hair in and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.

After that, rinse your hair with water. Don't wash it. And then dry it off with a dark-colored towel. I suggest this because you don't want to stain your towels. Dry your hair or let it air dry and you're done. Here's how mine turned out:




You can tell that some areas of my hair didn't get as dark as others. Note: That won't happen to everyone. One of my cups may have had a little more dye than the other, because I only used one packet. But it still looks good and festive during this time of year. The best part is that now my hair smells like oranges. Maybe it would be more awesome if it smelled like pumpkins right now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment