Dip Dye Advantages:
1. Dip dying gives a nice gradual color change instead of a hard obvious line between your natural hair and the colored hair. A gradual color change looks better according to most people.
2. Dip dying is quick. It shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes to 1 hour to get the color you want.
Dip Dye Disadvantages:
1. You have to lean down to dip your hair in a cup which can strain your neck or, at the very least, be annoying. As I've mentioned, stacking books on a table can help with this problem.
2. It's easier to have a spill accident when using a cup.
3. You can't get up and walk around.
1. You don't have to lean down for this method. You have a bit more freedom to walk around and no fear of straining your neck.
2. You can sleep in it.
3. The color comes out a little bit more vibrant sometimes, because you can leave it in for longer.
1. There is a hard obvious line between your natural hair color and the dyed ends. You may not like this look.
2. It does take a bit longer to do this method. Most people have to leave it in for about 6 hours.
So there you have it. Both methods are great depending on what you need out of it. I will be doing both methods on this blog and you can see my results and decide for yourself.